This Egress Window Calculator is intended to provide you with the specifications needed to determine if a custom egress window meets egress requirements. Due to the varying nature of windows, this egress calculator will only be accurate for windows from the Great Egress Company.
How to Use the Egress Window Calculator
We are on a mission to make egress windows more accessible. Follow the steps below to use the egress calculator and find the perfect custom egress window for your basement.
- Select ‘Type of Window’ from the drop down list.
- Enter the Width and Height (in inches) of the window you are considering purchasing.
- Press Calculate to get your measurements.
The table will populate with the window specifications that you need to determine if the window will meet building code compliance and egress requirements in your area.
Egress Window Calculator
*Width must be between 20" and 45"
*Height must be between 20" and 48"
Building Code Compliance
|USA National (IRC)|
How to Choose the Right Type of Custom Egress Window
Not sure which type of custom egress window is right for your project? Here are some recommendations from our team:
- If the window is wider than it is tall, we recommend the reverse hopper.
- If it is taller than it is wide, we recommend the side hinge.
- If you love European style design, check out the tilt-and-turn
Choosing the right style of window will depend on the level of natural light and ventilation you are looking for, as well as the depth of your window well (if property has one).